Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Israel, Israel God is Calling!!‏

Dearest Family and Friends!!

"The attitude you have toward your mission experience is a reflection of you love towards your Heavenly Father and His Son and your respect for the priesthood." Preach My Gospel, 151

"Successful missionaries love the gospel. They are excited about it. And because they love their investigators, they want them to feel as they feel and to experience what they have experienced. To teach the gospel is to share your love of the gospel!"

Greetings from the city of the Monkeys! This last week here has been so much fun! Last P-day we just shopped and I unpacked and such. Nothing too exciting. But we went and saw this member for FHE. Her and her husband were planning on going to the temple in a couple of weeks. But she didn't pass the interview, so now she doesn't feel like going to church anymore. It was good going to see her and bearing testimony to her that she does need to go to church even when she doesn't feel like she is worthy and that everything happens for a reason and that she just needs to be even more determined to be ready to go in 6 months. It seems this last week we have met with so many moms who just feel tired and worn out and feel like they can't go on anymore. One lady that we were teaching started to cry when I showed her a picture of my family. She said that she wanted to have a family that was so happy. I felt way bad, I didn't mean to make her cry. But I promised her that if she would get her act together that she could have that kind of happiness.

English here in Lopburi is just as fun! Me and Sister Henderson teach the children! Yeah! And having a birthday this last week was way fun too! I woke up and made rice pudding! Delicious! And no-bake cookies. There isn't an oven here, so I don't think I'll be doing too much baking anymore. But we still have a stove top, so if you have any good recipes, send them this way!! :)
We went to eat at Black Canyon and ate some yummy sandwiches! That night was way fun because we got to watch the Joseph Smith DVD with one of our investigators. Her name is Cheri and she is 17. At first her whole family started learning with the missionaries. But now she is the only one still interested. She is so cute! I decided I love Joseph Smith. Weren't the pioneers rand all the early saints just so amazing! I feel so guilty because my life is so easy compared to them. I wish I had more I could do, more to sacrifice. Everyone needs to look up the story of John Tanner. And the stone cutter who worked on the SLC temple, his last name is Moyle, (I think :) but ya those are some great stories!! I love being a missionary! I'm so happy! The church is so true!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment