Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Scripture Power!!‏

FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!

It feels like it has been forever! Haha I've decided that I have lost all sense of time. I really can't believe that five months ago I said goodbye to all of you and headed into the MTC. It seems like just yesterday! But at the same time it seems like that was at least 3 years ago...yes. I have no sense of time. But that is ok! As a missionary I love it because I just eat, sleep, and drink the gospel 24/7!! Last week was Zone Conference!! It was AMAZING!! It was on the Book of Mormon and how we need to be better at using it. They gave us a Book of Mormon and challenged us to read it 4 times through on our mission. The 1st time to high light in red all the names of Christ. I'm on chapter 15 of 1st Nephi and it is just amazing how much already He is mentioned!! I love the scriptures!! 2nd time highlight His doctrine. 3rd time highlight His words. 4th time highlight His attributes. I'm so excited!! I've also started working on finding amazing scriptures to use in all my lessons. That is something that I really need to work on is understand and knowing the scriptures better and knowing what scriptures to use. I just wish I could explain to everyone that I talk to and teach how important the Book of Mormon really is. I tell them how it has changed my life and what a blessing it is, but they just don't understand. But I don't think any of us will ever understand how important the Book of Mormon is. It is just amazing!!

Well it is still raining about everyday here. I love it! Last P-day, we had sports day at the church and it was so much fun!! We played volley-pong. It was so funny! It's like volleyball on a ping pong table and there are three people on each side and they all have a paddle and you just hit the ping pong ball like a volleyball. Haha I can't really explain it. But its my new favorite game! In the church parking lot there is a basketball court, but it was much to hot to be outside, so we just stayed inside. We ordered pizza too. :) so much fun being with other missionaries!

We got Sister Pecht back this week too! Yay! But she only goes out with us for about half the day. But it is good to have her back! Today we are going to the church and she is going to teach us how to make some yummy Thai food! I'm so excited! Plus I'm going to make some Zucchini Bread (Thanks so much Aunt Lonnie!! sure love you!!), Special K bars (Thanks so much Summer!! You are amazing!) and possibly some rice pudding!! I'm way excited!!

Things here are so great. I love Srinakarin. I don't want to leave here! I need to work hard this week and be better! Everyday I learn so much and have so many amazing experiences! I love being a missionary!! I'm so happy!! The church is so true!! Thanks so much for all your love and support and prayers! I love you all so much!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment