Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Monday, July 26, 2010

We'll Bring The World His Truth‏

Aloha Friends and Family!! (and by that I mean Sawat dii!!)

This last week has been...AMAZING!!! So much to tell! Where to even begin?! Well I have some stories that I didn't have time to tell from last week.

So I'll start with those. Last Sunday during Sacrament meeting I was sitting by one of our investigators. I was deep in thought, until I realized they were starting to say the prayer on the water, and they hadn't given me the bread! I didn't know what to do! I really almost started to cry. The Sacrament is such a strength and helps me so much throughout the week, I didn't know how I would survive a week without taking it! Well I tried looking around, but everyone was praying right. What do ya do? But Win, one of the cute little boys, finally looked my way and I tried my best in "Thai Sign Language" to explain that I hadn't eaten the bread. He told one of the brothers passing the water. Brother Phiichet. I love that guy. He moved to America Wednesday, I'm going to miss him! Anyways, he speaks a little English and he came and gave me the water and said "I'll bring you the bread" again I almost started to cry. I really was so grateful that he brought it to me!

Did I tell you about the birds in the cages yet? If I did, you can skip over this story. But everyone here is in love with having a pet bird and keeping it in a cage. They put it outside in front of their house by the trees and flowers. It has always bothered me. The poor birds! Heavenly Father gave them wings for a reason! Let the poor animal free! I was thinking why would anyone keep a bird in a cage and I realized that it is kinda like satan's plan verse Christ's plan. Satan wanted to keep us in the cage. Sure we can't experience the beauties of life. But at least we are protected from other animals and anything that could hurt us right? Doesn't that sound good? NO!! Christ plan was to let us free. He knew that we would fall and struggle learning how to fly. But once we learned how to fly we could soar to great heights and enjoy the blessings that He has made for us!

I've decided that being a missionary is like being Hagrid on Harry Potter. Remeber when he tells Harry that he is a wizard and Harry doesn't believe him? That's like Thais finding out they are Children of God. It is so new to them and totally crazy for them to believe. I look up to converts so much!

Haha ok sorry for all the random stories. We do a lot of walking and I have a lot of time to think. :) Ok so now I'll tell you about my fabulous week! So last week the reason I had to cut it so short was because we got a call from the AP's saying that we needed to go to Asoke to pick up this Thai sister that is going to New Zealand on her mission. Her name is Sister Phet and they told us we were only have her for one day. So we went and got her and it was great fun. I got to ride the "Rot Fay Faa" aka the HUGE sky train! It is so cool! I've rode it before, but I don't think I told you...anyways. So we got her and she helped us with the rest of our appts on Monday. Tuesday morning she had to meet with the New Zealand Embassy, so we had to take her back to Asoke. She met the AP's there and they took her. We didn't really know if she would come back here with us or if she would just leave to the airport. But by the time we got home, she had already finished her meeting and the Elders said she needed to come back here. So they brought her here and we took her to Mae Nids house. Me and Sister L wanted to go on one last run together you see, and she is Thai and of course didn't want to run with us. It worked out great! So we ran all the way to Suan Luang and all around it! Oh it was such a great run! Probably my last long run in a while. But that is ok! Well the rest of the day was pretty crazy. Sister L was trying to get all packed up and I was trying to get ready for English. We had a big "showcase" and it turned out so much fun! We had all the classes together and split them into 4 different groups and each missionary played different games with them. Me and Sister Phet played Jeapardy for my game! It turned out so fun! Plus we had made these cute notebooks to give to everyone. It turned out great! Then at the very end we, as in the missionaries and two of the members sang "I am a child of God." Family. It was THEE coolest thing ever! I loved it! You know I kinda shy and don't like to get in front of big groups. But lately I love it! It really was so spiritual! Well we went home and got Sister L all packed up. We have an extra mattress, so Sister Phet has just been sleeping in my bed and I sleep on the floor.

Wednesday was moves meetings. We were a little late and they had already started when we got there. But oh how I love moves meetings! It is so refreshing to see all the missionaries and here all about their stories and such! My new comp is Sister Webb! And we are still in Srinakarin! Yay!! And in the same apt too! I'm so excited! She is from SLC, she went to Skyline. Oh she is so fun! I've never laughed so much! Anways, it was hard saying bye to Sister L. It was fun seeing Sister Harris and Sister Jensen. There was a bit of a mix up. They didn't tell Sister Jensen that she was moving areas! Poor girl! I felt bad. They had to go back and she had to hurry and pack. It was fun seeing the new missionaries too! I missed them! They are all so cute and are going to do such a great job! Well we had some business to work out with Sister Phet. So we didn't even get home til like 4. We went shopping and just stayed home and studied.

Thursday-Sunday we had a couple appts. But for the most part we were inviting for 6 hours straight! Haha oh good times! It really was fun! We were ALL over Srinakarin and it is great leading the area! We found 23 potentials! And one family we found even came to church yesterday! Oh I was so excited!! They loved it! Its a dad, mom, and their 8 year old daughter! How perfect huh!

Friday night was so great! We ordered pizza and went up on the roof and had a party! So fun! Sister Phet is so funny and won't eat farang food. But me and Sister Webb had a good old time! I shoulda took some pictures. Next time. :)

Sister Phet is so darling. Bless her heart. She has only been a member 17 months. She has no family support. And she has one little suit case that she is taking with her. But she is always smiling. She loves being a missionary and just wants to get to New Zealand. We just found out the the Embassy is closed til Wednesday. So she'll be here a couple more days. But I want her to stay! She is our inviting machine!!

Well I hear that it is really hot at home. It still has been raining on and off here. But it feels great! Just way humid but I love it! On the roof at night it is really windy and that is like our heaven after walking all day! Well I love all of you and miss all of you so much!! Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support and letters! I have the best family and friends ever!! Well I still love being a missionary so much! I'm so happy!! The church is true!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment