Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Lord Is My Light!!

Greetings from Srinakarin!!

Well this week, on the Adventures in Thailand, is going to be pretty short, sorry. It was seriously such a great week filled with lots of inviting and teaching. Wednesday at our District Meeting, (It is just me, Sister L, Elder Day and Elder Narin in our district) Elder Day talked about how we can be better and remember our purpose always!

1st- Recognize we aren't in charge. If we are humble, Heavenly Father will help us.
2nd- Recognize that it is our own individual efforts that is key to success. I can't just sit back and let my companion do everything for me. After I have prayed and asked Heavenly Father for help, then I need to get to work! Just do it!
3rd- Compliment and Reprove when necessary.
4th- How we react to adversity is more important than the adversity itself.
5th- Lastly, have an attitude of love! Love is the motivation! That is why we get up every morning! That is why I am here!

He also talked about how we can be happy with our work, but we should never be satisfied. We can't put limits on ourselves or we will never reach our potential. It really was so great! Got us all pumped up to go do some inviting! Me and Sister L talk about Captain Moroni a lot and how he was such a stud. So every morning we tell each other that we are Captain Moroni! It helps us to be more bold and courageous. I feel like in my apt I am like, ya I'm going to talk to everyone and so excited! But as soon as I get outside I get all shy and forget that the message I have is THEE MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE!! EVER!!! I need to be better! Any advice on how I can be more Captain Moroni like? The language is coming along great. Sister L seriously is such a great help! I'm pretty sure Thai is easier than English and German. I might just speak Thai the rest of my life. ;)

Did I tell you that the President switched our schedule? We now study in the mornings, and then are out on the streets the rest of the day. It is really different, but I like it. Saturday we were literally inviting from 12:30 to 8:30. It was so great! We were all over the city and up and down neighborhoods. We can't go door to door. That would be awesome if we could knock on their doors, especially if we could go to all the condos! But instead we just walk around and talk to the people on the streets or on the buses. It was so fun! We got home and just crashed because we were so tired. It is hard because sometimes I feel like we aren't doing any good. But as long as we are doing the will of the Lord and doing what He wants us to do, then everything will be ok. Before we went to bed Sister L made us some rice krispy treats, with peanut butter! Oh man! I was in heaven! It was the best thing I've ever eaten!

Well my dear family and friends, life is so great. I can't believe I'm really a missionary. The more I study the scriptures and learn about the gospel the more I realize how important missionary work is. The gospel is so amazing and I will never cease to be amazed at the goodness and love of our Heavenly Father. I know He hears our prayers. I know He loves each and everyone one of us. That has been something that hit me hard since I have been here. He knows everyone. He knows the man sitting at the counter over there. He knows those teenagers sitting behind me. He knows you. He knows how we feel and He knows how to help us. All we have to do is reach out to Him. It is so easy and yet we manage to make it so hard. I just think about the faith of all my cute little nieces and nephews. I need to be more like them. I have a lot of improving to do this week! So next week I'll report and let you know how it goes! I love being a missionary! I'm so happy! The Church is SO true! Love you so much!

Sister Chamber (Thai's can't say Chambers, so I'm changing my name ok :)

No comments:

Post a Comment