Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Lord Is My Light!!‏

Greetings from the other side of the world!!

This week has been crazy/crazy good! It was kinda a slower week, but still it was amazing and I love being here so much. I can't believe that Sister L is leaving and on Wednesday I will get a new companion!! :( I'm so sad. I really can't picture how my life could get any better than it is right now. I'm going to miss her so much. But all is well! The AP's called us this week and asked if we could look for another apt. I guess next moves there is going to be a trio in this area or something. But we need a bigger house. So next week I could have two new companions and a new house! I'll be sure and keep ya posted. I don't really have anything too new and exciting to tell. It's been raining all day here so it is kinda gloomy outside. But we are gonna go get some ice cream after we email so I'm excited! :)

Well I only have a couple stories for you this week. On Wednesday we decided to go up on top of the condo and play soccer with the elders instead of going running. So we get up there and within the first thirty seconds, I knocked the ball over the edge!! It was so funny! So me and Sister L ran down to the bottom to try and find it. We finally found it on the 2nd floor of our parking garage, but when I was attempting to jump down, I totally biffed it and to stop my fall I put out my right arm. It killed so bad. I was almost positive I broke my elbow. Looking back now it is funny, but at the time I was like what the heck! Why did I have to kick the ball off the roof and why did I have to get hurt? I was thinking about what would have happened if I hadn't have jumped. But I decided the lesson I learned was that we can't be scared to jump in life. Sure sometime we are going to fall and get hurt. But if we don't take that chance we will never know! If I don't open up my mouth and try talking to people I will never know if they would have been interested in the gospel. We get denied and get rejected so much. But we just laugh it off. It doesn't effect us. Sure we are disappointed some days. But we are never defeated.

My second story is about Nephi and Heavenly Father asking him to build a ship. Heavenly Father could have just given him a ship if he wanted. But he knew that Nephi wouldn't learn from that. I just have been thinking about how Heavenly Father could make me speak Thai fluently. But I would learn anything from it. Our trials are for us to learn and grow. So I've decided I need to be more like Nephi and more diligent. This week I really am going to work so much harder and go the extra mile and talk to those ten extra people. I'm sorry this is so short. Next week I'll write more! But I love you all so much! Thanks so much for all your love and support! I love being a missionary! I'm so happy!! The Church is True!!

Sister Chamber

PS- When I get home can I sleep in a hammic instead of a bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment