Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let Us All Press On!!

Family and Friends!!

Isn't life so amazing?! This last week has been just filled with so many good memories! I'll do my best to explain it, but you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that I love Thailand and I love being a missionary!

Monday June 28th- We had a picnic with some of the other sisters in my zone. It was so much fun! Plus it was SO funny to see the reaction of people when they say 7 white girls walking around this park. It was great. I love the other sisters too! It is so fun to hear all of the fun stories that they have had and to see what lies ahead for me!

Tuesday June 29th- My first Zone Conference!! Oh my goodness. It was so amazing. There were two main topics that were discussed. The Atonement and finding families. It is crazy how I have been a member my whole life and I'm still learning new things about the Atonement. I don't think anyone will ever know everything about it. It is so infinite and intimate. That is something that I think about a lot. I see thousands and thousands of people every day. And Jesus Christ know each and every one of them. He knows everything about them and He has a plan for them. It is so hard because after studying about the Atonement I want to go out and tell all of these people about their Savior and everything that He has done for them! They have no idea and just go about everyday living their life. AH! It kills me. But I've come to the realization that not everyone is ready to hear about the gospel. The Lord has prepared those who need it and it is my job to go and find them. The next thing we talked about, finding families, has also had a huge effect on me. Up until now we have kind of been teaching just random people here and there. But this week we have started to really focus on finding families and getting into our investigators homes to invite all their family to learn with them. The gospel has blessed me and my family so much that of course I want other families to receive the same blessings! I could go on all day about finding families and why it is important, but I'll just stop. :) Well it was such a fun zone conference! It is so crazy because all of the sisters and elders seem so familiar to me. I'm almost positive we were all friends in heaven. English class was great fun. I need more idea's though so if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!

Wed-Friday- nothing to exciting. Just lots of inviting and trying to find those families! This really is the hardest thing I've ever done. Every night I come home and just crash on my bed. But I love it so much. I keep going everyday because I know the Church is true and that these people need to make time for it. Everyone here works so much and they all say "may wang!" which means like no time, it is so sad. But Christ is patient, so I guess I need to be too. I keep going everyday because I know back home I have so much love and support! So thank you so much for all your love and prayers! I have such a strong testimony of prayer. I know it works. :)

Sat. July 3rd- Such a fun day! It has been raining more and more everyday and most of the streets in the country were flooded! It was so fun to see! I'll send pictures! That night we met with Mae Nid one last time before her baptism. It was so cool because the family that got baptized last month, Phii Ooy, Phii Rat, Wun and Win, all came. I don't know if I've said anything about them before, but they are the coolest family ever! Wun is about 16 and she is thee coolest girl ever. She helps us teach all the time and has such a strong testimony. Anyways, they came and we had a little testimony meeting. It was so cool! I was crying of course. Phii Ooy was the one who baptized her, she they practiced for a bit because she was so nervous. Bless her heart. I wish I would have gone to the temple more. We were telling them about the temple and how in a year they can go and do baptisms for the dead. It made me feel so guilty knowing that at home we have soooo many temples that we could choose to go to. And here they have one, in Hong Kong, and they have to save up all year long just to make it there. Everyone please go to the temple!! And those of you who go regularly, thank you SO much! You are such great examples to me.

Sunday July 4th- AMAZING!! The baptism was seriously so cool. I feel so blessed to have been able to be there for it. I didn't do much. Just smiled and held her hand. She seriously is amazing. She met Sister L the week before I came in, and now she is baptized. It was such a great experience for me to be there and to go through all the lessons with her! It was cool that it was on a fast Sunday too! My first fast Sunday in Thailand!! Yay!!

Today has been a great P-Day! We went to the mission home and had a great party with some of the sisters! I saw Sister Jensen!! Yay!! Oh I am so filled with joy!! It was so fun to share stories with her and her all about everything! I really am so blessed. Plus it was fun to eat American food. We had potato salad, watermelon, grapes, catalope, rolls, and chicken! So yummy!! I ate so much. Well we gotta go. So much to do and no time to do it!

I think I'm forgetting something...but I gotta go so if I forgot to answer any questions just ask me again! Sure love you all! I have the best family and friends in the world!! I love you and miss you. Tell everything thanks for all their prayers. Tune in next week for more adventrues from Thailand! :) I love being a missionary! I'm so happy!! The church is so true!! Loves!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment