Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Called to Serve

Hello hello family and friends!!!!!!!

It has been thee most amazing week ever!!!! I feel like I have so much to tell you so I'll hurry so fast so I can get it all in!! Last Tuesday we had a devotional that talked about how we need to become disciples of Jesus Christ. We can't just act like we are, we have to become one. I got a letter from Lyndsie White, and she gave me so much great advice about how to not be stressed and just enjoy my time here at the MTC. Never again will I be surrounded by so many missionaries so I need to love every minute that I am here. Thanks Lyndsie!! Here is my new favorite quote:

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminece, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be first, right, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear. My foundation will be firm."

Isn't that amazing!! I try and read that every morning to remind me why I am here. Last Thursday my teacher, Brother Saakha took us on a walk outside. He told us not to talk, but just to think and let Christ talk to us. It had been snowing that morning, I wasn't too happy about it because the day before had been beautiful, but right when I walked outside I noticed that the sun was shining again. And I thought oh maybe it will be a beautiful day after all. Then I got thinking, well what makes it "a beautiful day" and I thought well the sun. The Son. He is what makes everyday beautiful. If He isn't in our lives, we will be filled with darkness, coldness, and fear. But with Him in our lives, we can have the light of the gospel, the warmth and happiness that that brings. And I am so excited that I get to go to my brothers and sisters in Thailand and share The Son with them to bring them eternal happiness!! Isn't it amazing??

Last Saturday at the TRC was kind of frustrating for me. I have so much passion about the gospel and want to share it with everyone, but I am just not good at expressing how I feel. But in one of the large group meetings we had yesterday, we talked about faith. And how we need to astonish people like in Helaman 5:19!! And so I have faith, that Heavenly Father will help. I just need to trust Him. Brother Thorpe, one of the teachers who taught the lesson yesterday is my favorite!! He is so funny and makes learning about the gospel so exciting! I wish I could record everything here and send it home so everyone can learn what I'm learning! Yesterday the phii-thai's left. It was sad saying goodbye to them. So right now it is just my district in my zone. Elder Furr, got made Zone Leader with his comp Elder Lesuer, and Elder McDonald got made our new district Leader. I was talking to my teacher, Brother Duval last night, and he told me that when President Calder asked him who he thought the new zone leader should be, he said "Besides Sister Chambers?" haha it made me laugh.

Well that is pretty much all for now! This week is crazy busy because this Saturday for the TRC we have to teach the Restoration lesson all in Thai!!! So sorry that I can't write more letters, but thank you so much for all your love and support!! You all so great!! I love being a missionary!! I'm so happy!! The Church is SO true!!! Love you all!!

Sister Chambers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment