Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Conference

Hey all!!!!!

Wasn't General Conference AMAZING!!!!! It was so cool being with all the missionaries! And for the first time ever I didn't fall asleep in any of the talks! It was nice to have a break from classes and such too. There were a couple different lessons that I learned from conference that I wanted to share. First, was the song "How firm a foundation." After singing it I started to think of Captain Moroni and how he went around fortifying all the weak cities so that when the Lamanites attacked, the cities would be strong. And I started to wonder how firm MY foundation was, or if I was a "weak city". So I have started to fortifying and strengthen my testimony and work harder on my weaknesses. Another thing I learned from that song was in the 3rd verse I believe, when it says "Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed. For I am thy God and will still give thee aid." I can't rememeber the rest of the lyrics off the top of my head. But wow!! That is my new theme song!! I know that Heavenly Father and Christ are helping me. And I can't doubt or fear that I'm not going to learn the language or be a good missionary. They are with me!!! In the Young Women Broadcast, Pres. Uchtdorf talked about "happily ever afters" and I dare say that was my favorite talk! I loved when he talked about how we need Christs help. I know that I can't do this on my own. And I'm so grateful for all the love and support and prayers that I am getting from all of you. I have felt so much peace this last week. So much comfort. So thank you. Another song that I've been thinking about lately is the "Daughter Arise" from the Women at the Well soundtrack. Relating it to me, Christ needs me to Arise! And be a missionary! He has called me. And He is helping me.

Well the language is coming along great! My teachers really are SO amazing! My comps keep me working hard and the Elders keep me laughing. It is the perfect combination. I'm working hard and loving every minute of it. This week we are going to learn how to read and write in script. (the characters) It is going to be awesome! Last Wednesday we got a new english speaking district in our branch. Four elders and four sisters. Tomorrow we are getting another one too. I'm pretty sure Larissa comes in tomorrow too. And she is english speaking! So there is a chance she could be in my branch! How tight would that be!

The food is still great and gym has been lots of fun! I ran four miles the other day! Everything really is going so great. Thank you all so much for your letters. The elders always give me a hard time about how I get so much mail. Haha its funny. So thank you! It really does help so much! I think that is about all I have this week. I love being a missionary!! I am so happy!! The church is true!!! Love you!!!

Sidtee Cheembaa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment