Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rejoice! The Lord is King!!

Dearest Family!!

Hello!! I love you all so much!! Thanks so much for all your emails! Its so fun to hear from all of you! I'm glad mom and dad had such a fun little vacation together! They definitely deserved it. Well this last week has been AMAZING!! Last Monday we went around with the Stake Presidents wife, Sister Dang, and daughter and visited some less active people in the branch. It was way fun! I had just read Scott's email about how he had helped that less active lady and I was so excited and hoped I would have the same effect! 2 of the ladies said that they would love to go to church they just didn't have a car to get there, so Sister Dang said she would go pick them up! However, yesterday they weren't there :( so I'm not really sure what happened. One of the other ladies we went and visited wasn't very excited to see us. She and her husband got baptized about 10 years ago, but stopped going to church because of something that someone had said. Its so sad. That one little thing is keeping them from receiving so many blessings. I realized how important forgiveness really is. And just understanding that no one is perfect and that we just need to love and help everyone! Everyone is a child of God!! Speaking of which, I want to tell you about Brother Koyea!! He is my favorite! He is from Burma and me and Sister Eyestone starting teaching him a couple weeks ago. He doesn't speak Thai, so its been fun trying to teach him in English. Last night we had the sweetest lesson with him! We had Noah, (he is one of the BYU students here in Chiang Mai) help us and then Sister Jangnan, (she is from Burma too! And actually she is one of the Elders investigators, and she doesn't speak English...so its fun in the lesson! We teach him in English, translate for her into Thai, and then they talk to each other in Burmese. Haha its great fun!) Anyways Bro. Koyea was talking about how he doesn't have a family of his own and his parents are in Burma. He said before he met with us he felt alone. But now he feels like he has a family! It was so cute when we showed him a picture of President Monson, he was like "You all are so different. You all aren't like other farangs (white people). I can notice something different about you all." So cute huh! I hope people can tell that we are different! I hope that the light of Christ shines through me!! Bro. Koyea is going back to Burma on the 15th and gets back (hopefully!!) the middle of July. We set a date to be baptized on Aug. 7th!! Yeah for Scott's birthday!! It will be such a great day!!! :) Well this week we have been doing lots of inviting. We found out that three of the ladies we were teaching are actually in the elders area...so we had to give them over to the Elders. :( but that is ok!! We can just find new families!! This is the Lord's work! I have a testimony of that! I know that as we humbly seek to do His will, He will bless us!!

Saturday there was a huge storm here! Like it was crazy! We were actually at the church with President and Sister Smith, they had a meeting here in Chiang Mai and so it was fun just talking to them! I love Sister Smith so much!! Well we waited for everyone to leave and then locked up the church and attempted to head home! Haha it was so much fun! The streets were all flooded, it was about a foot deep, even deeper in some parts! We made it home safe and sound. However when we got to church yesterday morning we found out that one of the members and his wife had been in a wreck. She is still in the hospital, but he died in the night. It was a way spiritual testimony meeting. All the members just expressed their love for that family and for the Plan of Salvation. Aren't we so blessed to know that death isn't the end. Because Christ died for us, we all can live together forever with Him! That is why I am a missionary! I love my Savior so much! I want everyone to know of this amazing message! I love being a missionary! I'm so happy! The church is so true! Thank you so much for all your love and support and prayers! Sure love and miss you all!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment