Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Behold, A Royal Army!!‏

Hello!! What a wonderful wonderful week!! Korat was so much fun! I learned so much from Sister Homsombat!! I forgot how much fun it is to be companions with a Thai! They just speak Thai so good! ;) She really is such an amazing missionary! I felt the spirit so strong with her and really just had so much fun! It would be so cool if I get to serve in Korat too! This last week I wanted to finish reading the Book of Mormon by Saturday, so at every chance I got I was reading. It was so cool. I love the Book of Mormon so much! I wish I could remember all the amazing stories better. I want to read it again twice in the next six months to help strengthen my testimony even more! Well on Wednesday me and Sister Homsombat went to Lopburi to help Sister Henderson and Sister Itow with an mutual activity we had planned. It turned out so fun! We gave them a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months! and then to go out and share it with someone! The youth in this ward is so awesome! Afterwards we "Tim-Tam Slammed" with them. Haha. So much fun. Do we have Tim-Tams at home? I'd never heard of them til I came to Thailand. They are the most delicious chocolates and you bit off the corners and use it as a straw to drink the milk...I can't really explain it very good, but trust me. Its heavenly! After that me and the other 3 sisters went to Pizza Company! It was so much fun to have a little girls night! Well then they went to the bus station and me and Sister Henderson went out to see Cherry (17) and her cousin Ay (15). We set baptism dates with them for Easter! They are so cute and want to get baptized, the only problem is their parents aren't too excited about them changing religion and don't let them go to church...but we are working hard to see what we can do to help them! Well then we got a call from the other sisters saying that there weren't anymore buses going to Korat! So they just met us at the church and we had a member take us all back to our house. It was so much fun!! Thursday morning we all woke up early to get ready, me and Sister Henderson had to go to the train station to go to Bangkok, and they had to get to the bus station to get back to Korat. Only problem was it was raining and we only had two bikes. So...I showed them how to "pump" on the bike! haha it was probably one of my favorite memories as a missionary! So funny! I pumped Sister Itow and Sister Henderson pumped Sister Homsombat. It worked great til we started going down the hill, then Sister Itow's shoes kept getting stuck in the tire...so I just ran the rest of the way :) We all were soaking wet but it really was so much fun! Well got them off and then me and sister Henderson headed over to the train station. We got to Bangkok just fine and the training was AMAZING!!!! They asked the question, what gets you out of bed in the morning? What keeps you going when its blazing hot outside/ or raining :) Well for me, the answer is Christ. He is my motivation. And He motivates me to keep working all day until we find those who are ready to get baptized! It was just so good! Well after me and Sister Henderson went to Sizzlers! So much American food this last week! Haha.Well Friday-Sunday were so great! I know that the Lord is blessing us so much! He is so good to us and all of our hard work is starting to pay off! Yesterday about 40 members headed to China to go to the temple. So we had about 10 people at church! haha it was awesome! But it is just so cool to see how dedicated they are to get to the temple. They have been working so hard to get all their genealogy and such ready. It makes me want to start doing my genealogy! I've been reading the pioneer stories that you sent me in the MTC mom. I am the 7th generation of our family in the church. Isn't that so cool! I love being a missionary! I'm so happy! The church is so true!!

Sister Chambers



No comments:

Post a Comment