Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Sunday, December 12, 2010

On The Fist Day Of Christmas!!

Dearest Friends and Family!!

Can you believe that it is almost Christmas?? I'm so excited!! Today me and Sister Lish started reading about the Christmas story and I'm just so excited! I love Christmas! This last week has just been a hoot! Everyday has just been such a fun adventure!

Monday we went exploring this new neighborhood and happened to find this darling deaf girl who worked with the missionaries about a year ago. It was so cute but so sad at the same time! Her mom said it was just too hard for the missionaries to explain everything to her. Her mom isn't interested at all, but the darling little girl still reads her Book of Mormon. She had the light of Christ so strong in her eyes! I was so grateful that we found her! We are going to stop by and visit her every once in a while just so she knows that we haven't forgot about her.

Tuesday we ran into this old lady who spoke really good English. She kept telling us over and over again that every religion teaches us to be good and that we all just need to love each other. Haha. It was so funny. It reminded me of Mike and when we were little and he would say, why can't we all just get along? Haha. English class is so crazy without Sister Wanlapa there to control the kids. But I love that class! I don't want to teach the boring adults :)

Wednesday we went with the Relief Society President to the hospital to visit one of the ladies in the ward who just had a baby. Such a miracle! A little baby boy! Perfect for this holiday season! We also had a great adventure with this crazy lady named "Gina" who invited us to eat with her and her sister. Thai's are so funny.

Thursday Sister Lish wanted to go get some pizza. It was so weird! I haven't had pizza in so long! I think I'm to the point where American food makes me sicker than Thai food. But it was still fun!

Friday we went inviting and found this crazy lady who got baptized 7 years ago. She invited us into her house, and then left us there alone for about an hour! I didn't know what to do! It was so funny! She finally came back with all this food and was like go ahead and eat! And then left again! So funny.

Saturday we stopped by Mae Jxng's house. She said she was cleaning and I said we would love to help. So she took us up stairs and showed us all the clothes she was giving away. Well she ended up making us try on all the clothes! It was so funny! So now me and Sister Lish are all set with old Thai lady clothes! Don't worry, we will send pictures :)

Yesterday was basically the best Sunday ever! The Elders baptized the cutest family and it made me so happy!! The wife and husband and then his mom and her mom. They were going to get baptized awhile ago. But she just had a baby, so they had to wait. It was so darling!!! The primary sang a couple songs and I was just tearing up and so happy!!

I love being a missionary! I'm so happy! The church is so true!! Thank you everyone for all your love and prayers!! You are the best family ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment