Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'M IN LOVE!!!!

I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!! I absolutely love my new area!! I love my new companion!!!! Life is so wonderful!! Ah!!! Before I tell you where I am I'll tell you all about last week :)

So last week after emailing we just chilled all day. It was a great p-day! Then we went to Pa Santi and Mae Rugira's house. We had dinner and talked to them about baptism and read some scriptures together with them. I love that family so much! Mae is getting eye surgery, she isn't sure when, but we're hoping she'll get baptized before! Tuesday we got a phone call from President Smith...he said that Sister Webb would be training this next moves! Meaning, Sister Chambers was getting bounced out of Srinakarin! It was so bitter/sweet! Its a weird feeling knowing you are moving somewhere and going to get a new companion, but not having any clue where or who. Its great! Well we had our last District Meeting together. It was great! Then we planned for the English Showcase that was that night. I think it went really well! I played a game with my group, where we all had to take turns making up a story, (thanks for the idea Aunt Nae!! :) it was so funny! I love Thai's. Well after English Sister Webb and Sister Rat taught one of our investigators and I helped clean up and talked with everyone. It was sad saying goodbye! I can't believe how close you get to people so fast! I love that ward! They really are like my family! It was a great night! Came home and helped Sister Pect get all packed up. It was neat. Me and her just talked about life and everything. I'm really gonna miss her. I told her I would come and pick her up in New Zealand because I am her family!

Well Wednesday morning we had to go renew my visa. It was fun because I got to see a few of my Elders from the MTC. After that we went and took Sister Pecht to the Mission Office. Her flight was at 5:00 pm, but the Assistants were going to the airport at 10 am to pick up the new missionaries. So they just took her then. I felt bad she had to be alone all day. I'm still waiting to hear from her. I hope she got there ok! It was sad saying goodbye to her! I've never seen her cry and she started crying when she hugged me. It was so cute :) She is going to be such a fantastic missionary. Well came home and studied and then started packing. It was crazy. I felt like I was leaving the MTC all over again. Well I attempted to make Special K bars. Since we didn't have any Karo Syrup I just improvised and used pancake syrup and carmel ice cream syrup. I burnt the chocolate chips...so I just put Nutella on top. And surprisingly enough they turned out pretty descent! We went inviting after, and then we broke the rules a little bit and went and had dinner with some of the members. Sister Rat, Brother Ooy, and their two children, Win and Woon, that family, I can't even begin to describe how amazing they have been to me these last 12 weeks, (holy cow I've been here 12 weeks really?!) I love them so much! They wanted to make me dinner before I left. They made my favorite- SomTam! So yummy! Mae Nong and Sister Off were there too. It was so great! A wonderful way to end the best 12 weeks!

Thursday morning Brother Ooy and Sister Off took us and the Elders to moves meeting, so nice of them considering we left at 6:30 am!! It was a fun ride tho! I'm going to miss Elder Narin and Elder Chiu! They were such great Zone Leaders! Well when we got to the church I saw Sister Harris and Sister Jensen, plus all of my other Elders from the MTC, (they were doing their visa's too. Visa's are kinda confusing. You have to renew it every other moves. If you live in Bangkok, you go the day before moves, but if you are serving outside of Bangkok, you go the day of moves, make sense?) Anyways it was great fun seeing everyone! Well there were two sisters going home and two sisters fresh from the MTC! So fun to see the difference. Well moves was so exciting! Drum roll please...I am in Udon Thani!!!! Woot woot for the Easton!! And my companion is...Sister Wanlapa!! She is a darling Thai and I love her so much already!! It was so fun! Well then we got on a bus with all the other missionaries heading to the East. It was so much fun! It was crazy leaving the big city! I saw hills and mountains! And everything is so green! It was such a fun road trip! A couple of the elders had ukilayle (someone help me with the spelling...) (Ukulele) anyways they played and sang songs. It was so much fun!! Seriously it is so beautiful here!

We live in such a nice house! And the Zone Leaders and the District leaders live right next to us! Its so fun! Church yesterday was great. There are two branches in this area, and lucky for us we get to go to both block meetings! I love fast sundays! So great! All the members are so cute and I'm so excited to get to serve with them! Funny side note! My trainer, Sister L, well her trainer, Sister Nisarat, is in one of the branches here and she was also Sister Wanlapa's trainer! So we joke that she is my grandma and Sister Wanlapa is my Aunt! So funny! Well I love riding bikes! So much fun! Don't worry mom, I'm being safe :) We aren't in too big of a city. I'd say its probably like Ogden. I've seen an elephant every day though! Oh and the rice fields! I can't even describe how beautiful it is!!

I feel like there is so much else I want to say! But I'm out of time again! I'm really so happy! I love being a missionary! The church is so true!! Thanks so much for all your love and support! Loves!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment