Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Monday, September 20, 2010

Tis the Season to be Jolly!!!!

Dearest Family and Friends!!

Oh Christmas is in the air!! Well...at least in my heart :) My favorite song this last week has been "Joy To The World!" Every day is so exciting because I get to share the joy that the gospel brings to my life with others! I just love Christmas!! I am so grateful for my Savior!! This last week has been amazing! Last Tuesday was "Zone Conference" I forget the real name of it, it was like a mission tour or something at the church in Khon Kan. Elder Perkins of the seventy was there. It was AMAZING!! Before it started I found out I was the sister chosen to get interviewed by him. Intimidating no?! He just wanted to talk to a couple of the missionaries to get ideas of what to talk about. It was awesome! He was the mission president in Taiwan and said that there was an Elder Perry from Hooper in his mission that just got home a while ago. I wasn't sure I knew who he was talking about, but I was excited he knew where Hooper was! Well the meeting was pretty much all day and it was all so amazing! Elder Perkins and his wife talk, plus President Smith and Sister Smith. We had a delicious lunch! And then everyone talk again and we did some role playing and then had a testimony meeting. It seriously was the coolest meeting ever. It felt like I was back in the MTC! The spirit was so strong! One thing that was particularly cool, that I need to be better at doing, was when Elder Perkins first started talking, he challenged all of us to come up with a couple questions we had, either about how to help investigators or how to be better missionaries, or anything! He said that if we have questions before we go into a meeting, if we are sincere, the Spirit will answer our questions. And at the end of the meeting he asked if everyone had at least one question answered, and everyone had! Both my questions got answered through out the day! It was really cool! It is amazing how the spirit can help everyone! So I challenge everyone with general conference coming up next week, to start thinking of questions. I promise it works! Well after the meeting was over, President Smith wanted to interview everyone, so while we were waiting all the sisters got together in a little classroom and sat and talked with Sister Smith and Sister Perkins. It was so awesome! They both have had such amazing lives! It really was a neat experience.

Well the rest of the week was filled with teaching and inviting. It was great fun! We found this darling family, the mom just had a stroke and so her right arm and leg are paralyzed. Kinda hard to ask her to come to church, but she is thinking about! Her daughter has thee cutest little boy! Their names escape me...Phii Uan and Ning I think. Anyways they are a-dor-a-ble!! Friday night I made no-bake cookies. I used chunky peanut butter and added some bananas. And surprisingly they turned out delicious! It was fun taking them around to some of our investigator families! Yesterday Elder Seykui and Elder Anderson had a baptism! So me and Sister Wanlapa were at the church from 8:30 am til 5:30 pm. Haha. It was great! It really is fun going to two wards! I get to meet twice as many people! We went inviting for a bit at the park. And we started talking to this dad and his little daughter who were selling THEE cutest little puppies ever! For only 800 bott! Oh if I wasn't a missionary I probably would have bought all of them! I'm not sure what kind they were. But they were about the size of my hand and were so darn cute! Don't worry though Lucy, I haven't forgot about you :) well we came home and Sister Wanlapa taught me how to make this delicious stir fry! Dad you would have loved it! It had chicken, cashews, onions, peppers, and potatoes! You should try it! So good! I seriously can't say it enough, I love Thailand so much!!

Well I have a couple of analogies for everybody before I go! Ok so in our kitchen we have these annoying mesquites. They are really little and really fast and only fly close to the ground. So they always bite at my feet and they itch so bad! And its so cheap because I don't even hear them. Luckily I have some great anti-itch cream. Anyways, that doesn't really have anything to do with my story...I was just thinking about how if we use bug repellent we don't have to worry about getting bit. So why don't we always use bug repellent? I find myself thinking, "oh its ok if I get bit a couple times, I'll just use some of my anti-itch stuff." Which has worked fine, but I know I should be careful because there are all sorts of diseases going around. But it is like sin and repentance. If we just stay away from sin, just use our spiritual bug repellent, we don't have to worry. Sure we can always just use our anti-itch stuff aka repent, but what if we get sick first and then it is too late. Moral of the story...repentance is amazing! And my testimony of the Atonement has grown so much these last couple months. I know that the Savior did indeed take upon Himself all of our sins. But if we just stay away from the sin and temptation, we won't need to worry about having to repent later!

My other one is kind of similar. There is this stop light by our house and the green light is burned out. But everyone knows that as long as it isn't red, you can just go. How many times do we think that? "As long as the movie isn't rated R, we can watch it" NO!!! Just because there isn't a flashing red light telling us not to do it or not to go, doesn't mean it is ok!

Well thats all I have for this week! Oh it is so beautiful here!! It reminds me of Bear Lake. Its so quite and the air is so clean and fresh!! Oh I'm just in heaven!! I love being a missionary!! I'm so happy!!! The church is so true!!! Thank you so much for all your love and support!! Sure love and miss all ya'll!!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment