Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

When Faith Endures!

Wonderful Family and Friends!!!

Oh my goodness!!! I wish my life was a TV series!! This last week has seriously been the best week of my life. I can't even begin to describe all the miracles I have been able to be a part of! I have admitted defeat on a couple of things though. Firstly, that I can't describe everything in this email. Sorry. Someone needs to event that thing off of Harry Potter. The thing that Dumbledore has that takes your memories out of your head. haha that would be so sweet!! Ok the next thing I have admitted defeat in, is that I physically can't talk to everyone I see. That was one of my goals and its not that I don't want to. Its just that being in the city there are people EVERYWHERE!!! So my new game plan is, to be a good example. I stick out so bad, but it works out to my benefit. Because the people see me and think, what is that farang (white person) doing here? And if they see that I am happy then hopefully they will want to know why I am here. Also its hard because all the people kinda look alike. So I can't remember all the people that I have talked to, so I just smile and say hi to everyone. Then the people that I do talk to, I have been working on sharing short messages about Christ with them. Josh and Sherrie, do you remember when we used to watch Lord of the Rings with you?? Remember in I think it is like the 3rd one, where the Dwarf and the Elf are having a competition to see who can kill the most people? And at one point the Dwarf is about to get killed but the Elf guy comes up to help him and the Dwarf guy was like, that one still counts as mine! Random I know, but that's what me and Sister L joke about. I start talking to people for as long as I can and then Sister L will help me. We are such a great team! We went to the park on Saturday and found these two amazing families!! I seriously am so stoked!! Haha ok enough of this rambling on and on about nothing, I want to tell you about some of the experiences I've had this last week!!



Remember Ma Nid? Well when we taught her on Wednesday we set a baptismal date with her for July 4th! Yay!! I'm so excited for her! I've never seen anyone as excited to be baptized as her. She truly understands the importance of it and it's because of people like her that I'm here. I know there are people that the Lord has prepared. And I know its not me that has anything to do with converting them because they probably can't understand anything I'm saying anyways. But through the Spirit they are taught and its just so humbling to be apart of this work!!

We usually teach about four or five lessons a day. And try to spend a couple of hours each day inviting. I know its only my second week, but at the end of every night I come home completely exhausted and just crash! There is no way I could do this on my own. I am so grateful for all the prayers and support that I receive from all of you at home. Thank you so much!!

Yesterday at church we had so many investigators come! It was awesome!! I have made friends with a bunch of the young girls and they are so cute and so willing to help me learn Thai! Our big family came so that was very exciting! The Grandma and Grandpa, their son, and their four grandsons. Tonight we are going over to their house for FHE and dinner again. Oh how I love Thai food. For breakfast I usually just have a bowl of cereal! Oh ya! They have cereal here Summer!! Special K and granola!! Or some yogurt and fruit. Lunch we usually grab some rice or something out on the streets from the little vendors they have. Its so cheap and so delicious. Then dinner we usually stir up some veggies or members give us food. Everything is so cheap here! We got sushi the other day, six pieces, for $1. and it was so good too!! Plus they have these jamba juice like vendors, but its real fruit and so much more delicious, for less than $1! There is just food everywhere!

For our service, last night we helped this cute little family with their fruit. The dad has a cart that he takes out everyday and sales the fruit. It was so much fun helping them! Picture this if you will. It's kind of a jungle setting. There are random chickens running around us. There are little boys climbing in the trees above us. And we are just outside setting on mats helping peel the guavas. Oh it was so fun!




These people are so amazing. The are so humble and so loving. I went to a house this week that looked very similar to camp kabomb. (the fort my guy friends built) It broke my heart. But they are still so happy. They welcomed us and and we sat down on the little boys bed, a little mattress in the corner. Oh I wish I would have been more grateful with everything I had back home. I was just so naive. Living in my little bubble. I'm so grateful that the Lord sent me here. I know that I am here for a reason and I'm so excited to serve these people! It makes me want to cry when I think about it!

Wow this has been a pretty random email. Sorry! But just know that I love it here so much and I'm working hard. I seriously am so blessed to be in this area because everyone is so nice and willing to help me learn the language. I have learned so much already. Each week I just want to be better and better. I don't ever want to have an average day, because disciples of Christ are not average! Oh I could go on and on. But I'll stop. I love being a missionary. I'm so happy!! The Church is so true!!

Sister Chambers






No comments:

Post a Comment