Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go Dear Lord!!!!‏

Well Dearest Friends and Family!!!!

This will be my last email from the MTC!! I can't believe it! Today has been a crazy day, but it has been so great too!! I seriously can't believe that I am leaving already! It doesn't seem real! This last week has just been amazing. I feel like I have just learned and grown so much. I am so excited to get out and share my testimony of the Savior and His Atonement and of the Book of Mormon and the joy that it has brought into my life! Me and my companions made a goal to contact AT LEAST five people at every airport we go to this week. So hopefully at least 15 people. I am so grateful for this blessing, for this opportunity, for this privilege to be a missionary! When I first got here I thought I had a pretty good grip on life. Boy was I wrong! I feel like my whole life I have just been going through the motions and just sleeping through the blessing of this life. But now I feel like I have been awaken from that sleep and I realize more how important missionary work is and how much it truly has blessed my life. AH! I could go on and on about how much I love being a missionary!

Last Tuesday, Elder Bradley Foster spoke to us for Devotional. Do you remember his talk from conference? I remember thinking that someday he will be an apostle because he has such a strong testimony! It was the best talk ever! He talked about the creation and space. And everyone who knows me knows that I love space and the stars! It was so cool. It was such a testimony builder to me to because that morning I had been studying about knowledge and focuses on the knowledge of where we came from. I was reading in Moses about when Heavenly Father appeared to Moses and told him he was a son of God. Then satan came along and tried to get him down. But Moses would have nothing to do with that! He told satan what was up and sent him off. That's what I want to do in Thailand. (hypothetically speaking of course) If ever I find myself getting discouraged or doubting my ability to teach, I want to realize right away that those thoughts are from satan. And that they are lies! I am a daughter of God! This is His work and I will work as hard as I can until He stops me! Haha sorry I don't mean to keep rambling on. Anyways, the reason I brought that up is because Elder Foster talked about that too and it was cool because I had just studied it! At the end we sang the primary song "A Child's Prayer" and it was so cool! That has been one of my favorite parts of the MTC. Hearing all the missionaries sing together! It is such a sweet experience!!

Saturday we had our last TRC. Haha it went well. Me and my comps didn't prepare for it as much as we should have, but it still was good. We also had our last gym time. That was sad! haha. Sunday was a crazy day. Since it was fast sunday we had mission conference, and since it was fast sunday we had a couple extra meetings to go to, plus it was our last sunday so we had our departure devotional. Pres. Breinholt talked about when he was in the air force, (maybe, its not called the air force I can't really remember) anyways its the one where they jump out of air planes. He was talking about his experience of learning how to jump out of an air plane. And it is exactly how I feel. I'm standing at the edge of the plane, looking out over Thailand, my stomach is in knots but it is the most exciting experience I'll ever have. All I have to do is trust that if I jump, Heavenly Father and the Savior will help me and be my parachute and help me land. I just have to have faith. Here I go!

Yesterday was sad saying goodbye to our teachers, but it was such a great last day. We had a testimony meeting, all in Thai of course, and the spirit was just so strong. It amazes me how I am so weak, but yet the Lord has helped me learn so much since I have been here. My time at the MTC, my own P90X for my spirit, has blessed me so much! But now it is my turn to go and teach the people in Thailand everything I have learned! I'm so excited!

Today we were able to go to the temple after breakfast. It was such a blessing! I'm so grateful that I was able to go one more time. I truly needed it because now I feel such peace and comfort. We are going to finish packing and then we take off at 4:30 pm. It doesn't seem real. But I'm so excited! Thank you so much for all your letters and prayers! I'm sorry that I haven't been very good at writing back, but I do think about you all and I'm so grateful for your love and support! I love you all! I love being a missionary! I truly am so happy!! The Church is TRUE!!! Loves!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment