Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Great is the Lord!!!‏

I LOVE CHIANG MAI SO MUCH!!!!!!!

I LOVE SISTER RICHARDS SO MUCH!!!

SONG KRAN IS SO MUCH FUN!!!

FAMILY!! I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW BLESSED I FEEL!! I feel like Moroni when he says that he is weak in writing! I can't begin to explain how wonderful this last week has been! I don't even know where to start! Lets start with General Conference! Wasn't it so wonderful?? I felt so blessed that we could get about six of our investigators there! One being, Phii Five. She is 24 years old and came to ALL the sessions! She loved them! I felt the spirit so strong during all the sessions! We truly are so blessed to have a living prophet and apostles to lead and guide our church! That is one of my favorite things to teach investigators about. We are the only church that has a prophet with priesthood authority from God! How amazing is that!! We got to listen to conference in English too so that made it extra good :) we were in the sacrament room with all the members and they gave us head phones so we could listen in English. It was cool cuz we could still hear it in Thai so it was good language practice!

Well know let me tell you about this water festival that is going on! It is the Thai New Year called Song Kran. And basically it is just three days of water fights! Everyone from all over comes to Chiang Mai to play, so it has been CRAZY! Seriously people just pile in the back of trucks and drive around with gallons of water and squirt guns and buckets and get anyone and everyone they can! I wanted to take pictures, but my camera would most definitely get damaged. They love to get the "farangs" (white people). They actually started on Monday, so since then we have been soaking wet all day. Haha. Its so funny! We tried wearing rain jackets...but they just run up and still get us. Wednesday and Thursday were rainy and overcast for most of the day. But yesterday it cleared up and it was seriously just mad chaos everywhere we went. Don't worry we are being safe :) That is why we change our P-day to today and we have been going home at 6:00 pm.

Anyways yesterday seriously was such a fun day!!!! We had a couple of appts that canceled on us, so we just tried to get some inviting done. But to them, it is like Christmas, so we didn't really get any lessons. But it was still just fun biking around, enjoying the beauty of Chiang Mai and talking to everyone. PLUS we went and got some Mexican food!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!! haha. I'm pretty sure all the food here is delicious! Me and Sister Richards have a stash of fresh fruit and veggies in the fridge! So good! Anyways yesterday it felt like we were at Bear Lake. Just so much fun and everyone is just so happy and wet and oh I just can't even explain it! I wonder if you look on youtube if there is any videos of this madness. I hope so because this is just something you have to see to believe!

Well just to make sure you know we have been working hard too, not just playing :) We are getting ready for a baptism tomorrow! Yeah!! And more to come! The Lord truly is blessing us. Of that I have no doubt! First comes the trial, then comes the blessings right! I loved all the talks from conference that talked about how our trials help us grow and learn! I feel so blessed to be here! I have learned so much!! I love being a missionary! I'm so happy!! The church is so true!! Thank you so much for all your emails and love and support and prayers!! Bless you all!!

Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment