Write me :)

Sister Stacie Lynn Chambers

50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani

Chaengwatana Road T. Ban Mai

A. Pakkret

Nonthaburi 11120




**Please send everything through the US Postal Services. Anything received by Sister Chambers not through the post office will require her to pay

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Sawad Dii Khrccbkhrua l3? phxan!!
Hello Family and Friends!!

Well would someone please stop letting the time go by so fast!! I can't believe that I only have 4 weeks left here! It is so exciting and so scary at the same time! Well this last week has been great, but it has also probably been the hardest so far. But Friday and Sunday we had such great lessons! So this week I am determined to work twice as hard. Instead of learning 25 new words a day I have been learning 50! So keep on praying for me! Friday my teacher Brother Duval gave the best lesson ever on how we need to put away childish things and grow up and really become a missionary. At first I was thinking hey I already am a missionary. I have callouses on my knees from praying so much. I feel weird being alone. I wake up every morning between 6 and 6:30. I am pro at getting ready in 20 minutes or less. I've been here so long I have my own bathroom and shower. I sing church songs all day and quote church movies. I always have my scriptures and PMG with me. Those are just some of the things that I thought "made" me a missionary. But the lesson changed everything I thought about. I realized just how important being here is and just how serious this work I am doing is. We listened to a talk by Elder Bednar about becoming missionaries. He is so amazing! I really hope that I get to meet him someday! But he talked about how anyone can serve a mission. But not every missionary will become a missionary. But I will. I am no longer just Stacie. I am a disciple of Christ. This decision for me to serve a mission was made in the pre-earth life and I know that there are people that I need to find to help them come unto Christ. I may come home in 18 months from Thailand. But I have made a goal to never leave the mission field! Everyone at home I challenge you to share your testimonies more and become a missionary too! There are so many people right next door to you that need to hear this amazing message! Don't be scared! I know you can do it! Haha ok I'll get off my soap box now. Well Saturday was the TRC and me and my companions didn't do as great as we had hoped. So this week we are really working hard to prepare for Saturday. We are teaching the Plan of Salvation (all in Thai of course) so its time to push the pedal to the medal. (I think that is how that saying goes...)

Sunday was SO amazing!!! Music and the Spoken word was so fun because it was on mothers! Then for Relief Society we had Sheri Dew come talk to us!!!! Oh!!!! It was so good! She talked about how Satan is doing everything he can to attack mothers. But she gave us four tips to help us fullfill our missions.
1- She talked about how as girls we are naturally more inclined to gossip and pick on others and notice all of their flaws. But we can't. We need to sustain and support one another. We need to stand together and put a double watch on our tongue.
2- She talked about how we really need to understand who we are. We must know with all of our heart that we are Daughters of God. It will change our lives if we know that.
3- We need to understand the Atonement and how Christ is always there for us and that He will never leave us alone. In Him there is power.
4- We need to immerse ourselves in the word of God. Purity is the key.If we aren't pure we can't recceive personal revelation. So find out what is keeping you from receiving relevation and get rid of that bad habit.

After she talked we all got to go give her a hug and meet her! It was so exciting! Sunday night for Devotional my comp Sister Jensen played a flute solo. It was so great!!
Well yesterday was a sad day. Sister Hooker left. :( I woke up at 5:30 to help her take her luggage to the bus and say goodbye to her. She is so cute and I'm going to miss her so much! But she is going to be such an amazing missionary! I'm so excited for her! Yesterday when we were playing volleyball outside, a bus drove by and on it said
"Learn. Do. Become." How amazing huh! That is my new motto. Well I hope everyone is doing well and that everyone had a great mothers day!! If I could I would send every mother a dozen roses!! Thanks for all your love and letters and prayers and support!! It means the world to me!! Sure love you all! I love being a missionary!! I'm so happy!! The church is SOOO true!!! Take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment